Sunday, 18 November 2012

Book reviews

We were writing our own book reviews this week.  This was new for us and we found it a little bit tricky!
These are the things we had to think about when writing this:
  • the author - who wrote the book?
  • the characters - who were the people in the story?  Did we like them?  How did they make us feel?
  • the plot - what happens in the story? 
  • our opinion - did we like the book?  What was our favourite part of the story and why?  Were there any funny or scary bits?  Did we learn anything?
  • recommendation - do we think someone else would like to read the book?  Why do we think this?


















Are there any books that you have read that you especially like?  If you have read any books you would like to recommend, please leave us a message!

17 comments:

  1. I think it would be useful if you were looking for a new book
    ConorFudge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the book review a bit hard and a bit easy
    because i have done a book review before.

    Zoe dearness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the book review a bit hard because I couldn't find my favouite part.

      ewan stevenson

      Delete
  3. I found it easy and fun
    CConorFudge

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was easy and fun because I read the book

    Sam h

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked when we did a book reveiw because you were allowed to choose your own book.




    Nairn Hall

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have done a book review before
    ConorFudge

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found the book review a little bit hard because it was a lot to do but it was fun to.

    Adele

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found it very triky because i had long book
    by liam and lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  9. writing was hard because we did a lout.
    by Rhiana and Alex

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was hard because of doning the plot.




    Ellie soames

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found the book review a bit easy because I have done one before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found it a little bit hard to reamember what happend in the story!

    Stewart foub

    ReplyDelete
  13. writing book reviews was relly fun and intresting and hard for some people but we found it easy.

    by conor and eilidh

    ReplyDelete
  14. I found the book review a little bit easy because I have read the book that I was doing for the book review the book was called The Boy in The Dress.

    By Finn.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I found the book review a bit hard and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks like everyone's working hard in class 4.
    the story the boy in the dress sounds intresting.
    i hope everyone enjoyed there book preview.

    comment by kitty

    ReplyDelete