Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Visit to the Power Station

We have been learning about different sources of energy this term, looking at both renewable and non-renewable energy sources.  As part of our learning, we visited the Power Station in Kirkwall and saw what happens there.  We all learned lots of new information and found it really interesting.  Here are some photos of us on our visit for you to have a look at:
 
 
Can the members of Primary 4 add some comments to tell everyone about what you learned please?  If anyone has any questions for the class, please post them on here and we will try to answer you!

14 comments:

  1. This was very intresting becausewe were told how to save money by saving energy.





    Conor Fudge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learnt that every time you use power you need to pay for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The power station was interesting and i learnt new things like how electricity got to houses jenna scott

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At the power station I learned a few things. I also enjoyed a lot of the trip. I learned that there is three wires in a cable. The three wire colours are red,yellow and brown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At the power station I learnt that under water cables take power to Orkney.
    By Alex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kirkwall power staion uses water from the peedie sea to cool the enggens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our trip to the power station was really interesting becauseI learnt that there is three different types of wires one was blue the other was brown and the last one was green and yellow striped blue means neutral brown means live and yellow and green mean conducter earth.



    Nairn Hall

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kirkwall power station uses waterfrom the peedie
    sea to cool the engines!

    by Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was really fun. We got to see the big diesel engines. There are nine engines. We got to go down the stairs (under grownd)and see pipes full of water from the Peedie See to cool down the engines.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ilearnt that the yellow cable was conductor earth,the blue cable was neutral and the brown was live.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I learned a lot and enjoyed looking at the machines. I learned how all the power got to other peoples homes.
    Adele

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked the trip to the power station because I learned that the power station uses water to power machines.
    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  14. The visit to the power station was interesting
    because there were huge machines. I lernt that
    most of the electricity in Orkney comes from
    under water cables. I also lernt that there
    are three wires in a cable and they are all
    different colours. One of the cables are brown
    and the brown cable is the live cable, the blue
    cables is the neutral cable and the yellow and
    green cable is the earth cables.

    By Zoe Dearness.

    ReplyDelete